I graduated from The Ohio State University in 1993 with a degree in special education (mild/moderate) and a minor in Spanish. I was very fortunate to get a job teaching in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio. I worked there as an Intervention Specialist for 15 years. During that time, I went back to school at Ashland University where I received my license to teach elementary grades 1-8. I also earned my Master’s Degree in Literacy from Ohio State. In 2008, I started teaching fifth grade, where I stayed for three years. After that, I switched to fourth grade where I stayed for five years. In 2016, I felt a tug at my heart to teach younger children. I followed my heart and fell in love with teaching second grade where I plan to stay for a while.
I am from a huge family, including nine siblings and 16 nieces & nephews. I feel extremely blessed to have many meaningful relationships with family and friends. Of course, I can’t forget to mention my adorable rescue pup, Millie. Adopting her was one of the best decisions I have ever made!
Ten Additional Facts About Me
1. I am a Christian.
2. Bungee jumping, snorkeling in Hawaii, and hiking through a redwood forest are three things I have crossed off my bucket list.
3. Hiking the Grand Canyon, traveling to Spain, and skydiving are three things that are still on my bucket list.
4. I love to garden, and my favorite flower is a snapdragon.
5. I am a huge Duke basketball fan.
6. I ran four marathons before reaching my goal time of 4 hours.
7. I don’t watch much TV, but I am absolutely addicted to Scandal.
8. I love having my nieces over to bake cookies.
9. I live dangerously close to a mall with some of my favorite stores.
10. I think trying new things is fun and a great way to grow as a person.